Young Producers training opportunity at DINA from April-June 2020
Updated: Mar 11
Everyone should have the chance to make the most of their creative talents. ‘Young Producers’ is an opportunity for a small team of young people to complete a training programme working towards the creation of their own music event this June in Sheffield.
We are looking for 6 people aged 18-25 with a passion for music who will bring their own ideas and vision to this exciting project. To address the diversity gap in our industry we are looking to engage LGBTQ+, female, non binary and BAME participants.
● Every Wednesday from 22nd April - 24th June
● Some evenings (dates tbc)
The Young Producers will receive:
● 10 days of training workshops, professional visits and shadowing to learn first hand about event production, design, budgeting, artist liaison, curation and marketing. From established professional event & festival creators.
● £16 per day towards travel and lunch.
● A £1,000 budget to create a music event as part of Migration Matters Festival.
● Names credited as producers.
● A certificate listing the experience gained.
● Future production opportunities with DINA and partners.
Running alongside the training will be an exciting program of seven events at DINA that the Young Producers will have the opportunity to help produce. These feature artists including WARA, Dream Nails, Resis’Dance, Sybil, SONA & more.
If you are interested in being a part of our Young Producers team please email us with either a short video, audio, or piece of writing outlining your interest in the opportunity. If you have any experience of running or organising events please discuss this too, but this is not essential so if you don’t have any experience please still apply! Applicants need to be 18-25 years old and either LGBTQ+, female, non binary or BAME.
Deadline for applications is midnight on 20th March 2020
Email Evelyn at email@example.com with your application.