Young Producers - Free training & workshop program: learn how to run events!
Time & Location
About the Event
Free training & workshop program: learn how to run events!
Every Wednesday from 6th Oct - 1st Dec & occasional evenings.
Open to people between 18-30 who are LGBTQ+, female, non binary, or POC.
Application deadline 23.59 1st August 21.
Info from firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Young Producers’ is an opportunity for a small group of young people to participate in a training programme working towards the creation of their own event in November in Sheffield. We are looking for 6 people aged 18-30 with a passion for music who will bring their own ideas and vision to this exciting project. To address the diversity gap in our industry we are looking to engage 18 - 30 year oldLGBTQ+, female, non binary participants and POC.
- Every Wednesday from 6th October - 1st Dec
- Some evenings (dates tbc)
The Young Producers will receive:
- 10 days of training, workshops and professional visits to learn about curation, production, design, budgeting, artist liaison & and marketing from established event & festival creators.
- £16 per day towards travel and lunch.
- A £1,000 budget to create a music event
- A certificate listing the experience gained.
- Future production opportunities with DINA and partners.
Running alongside the training will be an exciting program of seven events produced by DINA that the Young Producers will have the opportunity to shadow on.
If you are interested in participating please email us with either a piece of writing (500 words max), or audio or video recording (3 mins max) outlining your interest in the opportunity. If you have any experience of organising events please discuss this too (although this will not inform our selection process - everyone can apply!). Applicants need to be 18-30 years old and either LGBTQ+, female, non binary participants or POC.
Deadline for applications is 23.59 on 1st August 2021
Artwork by Okocha Obasi