Sat, 09 Apr|
Sheffield City Centre
Fxxk Off, I'm Counting Knitting Social
FOIC is a somewhat alternative knitting and crochet group for like-minded crafts people in and around Sheffield.
Time & Location
09 Apr 2022, 10:30 – 13:00
Sheffield City Centre, 12 Fitzalan Square, Sheffield City Centre, Sheffield S1 2AZ, UK
About the Event
Join this knitting gang every second Saturday of the month in our cafe!
"Originally spurred out of what felt like a lack of crafty things to do in Sheffield back in 2017. After all, who can actually go to Nanna Barbara's stitch and bitch down the church at 10am on a Wednedsay morning? I know I can't.
However, the activities at FOIC won't differ too much from Ol' Barb's, though I can't guarantee the same level biscuit spread as hers. But what you will find are the following:
• Drinking good tea and coffee and eating scrumptious cakes (We are currently on the hunt for a new Saturday morning home)
• Drinking refreshing and intoxicating beer and eating incredibly tasty chip butties at our current weekday evening pub home - The Rutland Arms (Sometimes we go to different pubs!)
• Knitting and crocheting your current projects (plural, because no one only ever has one on the go right!?)
• Sharing patterns, skills and ideas.
• The occasional venture out to yarn shops, festivals and city day trips.
• And most importantly: Meeting new people and having a good ol' chat!
So show yer face and come have a lovely time!
P.S As the name suggests, this is not a particularly child-friendly social. I don't have any babies myself and so would really do quite a bad job on making these events safe for their ears. Though, if you would like to use this space to create a child-friendly craft social, please feel free to do so"